Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~80 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. Were eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We startups & SMBs. Since 2013, weve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
Close is looking for an analyst to join our Finance team. Youll work closely with teams across the company including Product and Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to analyze business data, identify growth opportunities, and support decision-making.
You have a unique blend of technical aptitude and business acumen; Youre just as excited by digging into the data alongside engineers as you are walking through a P&L with our leadership team.
As our first analyst and the second member of the Finance team, this role will lay the groundwork for company-wide KPIs and lead cross-team projects to help achieve our company goals. The Senior RevOps Analyst will have the opportunity to build much of our data and reporting infrastructure from scratch, tangibly impacting the business.
- Develop and maintain our financial dashboards in Metabase.
- Perform ad-hoc queries (SQL / Excel) to support teams across the company.
- Ensure data source and metric accuracy.
- Proactively monitor KPIs to identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Create financial models in Excel to help forecast company growth and inform business decisions.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance.
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Identify trends in business performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Manage cross-departmental projects.
- 3+ years in a technical or analyst role with ownership of business metrics, preferably at a startup or mid-sized tech company.
- Background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, finance, economics, or RevOps.
- Expert SQL (Postgres) and Excel
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Metabase)
- Understanding of the three core financial statements.
- Cross-departmental project management experience.
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS metrics.
- A knack for translating complex data into actionable, digestible business insights.
- Enthusiasm in the face of ambiguous problems and the ability to identify and organize relevant data.
- Must be physically located in the US.
Why Work With Us?
- Culture video
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripes climate initiative
- Our story and team
- Build a house you want to live in Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS Practice transparency and honesty, especially when its hard
- Invest in each other Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together:
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We dont track hours. We trust youre an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We dont expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.