Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globes growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
Our Corporate Legal Team is focused on providing creative solutions to help drive these groundbreaking endeavors at Ginkgo, and were seeking a talented, motivated, and energetic Senior Corporate Counsel to join our team. In particular, youll support the growth of our cell engineering business by overseeing business development transactions, supporting our foundry supply chains and operations, leading and negotiating agreements, engaging with existing collaborators, and more. With your in-depth legal experience in business development, logistics, and alliance management in the life sciences space, your role will be critical to Ginkgos success.
- Work collaboratively with Ginkgos Commercial Team by supporting business development transactions.
- Engage with Ginkgo collaborators and customers to ensure the success of bioengineering programs.
- Actively lead and negotiate agreements with our customers, distributors, and suppliers, including collaboration and licensing agreements, acquisition agreements, strategic service agreements, material transfer agreements, and supplier and other procurement agreements.
- Review technical and logistical materials to support our business development and program teams to ensure compliance with associated transactions.
- Execute and manage multiple deals simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Experience and Capabilities:
- Significant experience leading collaboration and licensing agreements in the life science space as well as a J.D. degree and current bar membership in good standing, with strong preference for at least 5 years of law firm experience
- 6 or more years experience as a transactional lawyer
- Outstanding and wide-ranging experience as a transactions counsel, particularly with IP transactions, M&A, supply agreements, software agreements and other commercial contracts
- Judicious communication and time management skills, with a focus on pragmatic decision-making and efficient delivery of legal advice in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of business-oriented approaches to transactions, with the ability to effectively evaluate legal exposure, manage risk, and achieve business goals within appropriate legal guidelines
- Broad aptitude for managing multiple, competing timelines in support of cross-functional teams
- Acute attention to detail, with the ability to collaborate with team members, and communicate in a timely and responsive manner
We also feel that its important to point out the obvious here theres a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
Were developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can and will impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that its something well be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, its critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.