Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve peoples minds.
Weve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete communication, memory, and math skills through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apples App of the Year Award and been downloaded more than 50 million times. With Balance, our second mobile app and winner of Googles Best App award, weve personalized meditation and made it free for an entire year to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
You will take ownership of our DevOps practices and help drive automation across both of our award-winning apps: Balance and Elevate. Were looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is passionate about reducing manual work and helping the entire engineering team move faster. Youll collaborate very closely with all engineers at the company to help build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. As a senior member of the team, youll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in North or South America.
How Youll Make an Impact Here
- Youll be the primary engineer responsible for maintaining the infrastructure (as code) and CI/CD systems that power our award-winning apps
- Youll automate everything
- Youll mentor fellow engineers, helping them grow their skills, and be open to learning from your teammates as you continue to grow your own skills
- Youll introduce new ideas to help the team iterate on process and technology
- Youll have the opportunity to work as a generalist across every piece of our stack
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in DevOps or a related field
- You are passionate about automation and infrastructure as code
- You are intentional about monitoring and actionable alerts
- You are proficient with at least one scripting language
- You communicate clearly
- You can identify areas for improvement and drive projects to completion without a manager always directing your work
- You stay up to date with the latest DevOps news and technologies
- GitHub Actions, TeamCity (actively being replaced with Actions), Fastlane
- Heroku and AWS
- PostgreSQL, Snowflake, and DBT
- Backend in Ruby on Rails
- Scripting primarily in python with a bit of shell
- Experience with at least some of our stack
- Experience with automated mobile app release processes
- Experience configuring autoscaling services
- Experience configuring high-performance databases
- Experience with disaster recovery and cloud security
- Interest in mental health, brain training, and meditation
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Annual company meetup in fun location
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we seek to build high-impact, talent-dense teams and invest a lot of time and care into the hiring process. Your resume will be reviewed by a human, so we encourage you to keep resumes short (one page should do), double-check for grammar errors, and submit it as a PDF.
During the interview process, you can expect conversational-style sessions, some with a technical focus, and a coding exercise in Python.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.