At OneStudyTeam (a Reify Health company), we specialize in speeding up clinical trials and increasing the chance of new therapies being approved with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes. Our cloud-based platform, StudyTeam, brings research site workflows online and enables sites, sponsors, and other key stakeholders to work together more effectively. StudyTeam is trusted by the largest global biopharmaceutical companies, used in over 6,000 research sites, and is available in over 100 countries. Join us in our mission to advance clinical research and improve patient care.
One mission. One team. Thats OneStudyTeam:
Our unique, rapidly growing data streams are enabling novel opportunities to manage clinical trials more efficiently and predictably. The Data Engineering team is looking for talented Senior Data Engineers to build, expand, and support a cutting-edge data architecture which is the analytical backbone of our company. If you are empathetic, business-driven, and want to use your data engineering and data architecture skills to make a tangible impact in the clinical research community then this may be the role for you.
Were looking for people who can effectively balance rapid execution and delivery with sustainable and scalable architectural initiatives to serve the business most effectively. You have strong opinions, weakly held, and while well-versed technically know when to choose the right tool, for the right job, at the right level of complexity. You will work closely with the rest of our Data Engineering team and our Data Science teams to help collect, stream, transform, and effectively manage data for integration into critical reporting, data visualizations, and ModelOps systems for emerging data science products.
What Youll Be Working On:
- Build reliable and robust data integrations with external partners
- Supporting the development and expansion of modern, privacy-aware, data warehouse and data mesh architectures
- Helping to build, manage, orchestrate, and integrate streaming data sources, data lakes, ELT processes, columnar storage systems, and distributed query execution solutions
- Establishing proactive data quality/freshness dashboards, monitoring, alerting, and anomaly remediation systems
- Building practical data onboarding tooling and process automation solutions
- Learning to effectively understand and deftly navigate the global compliance ecosystem (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.) to ensure your work respects the rights, regulations, and consent preferences of all stakeholders, including historical underserved or underrepresented populations
- Developing a deep understanding of the clinical ecosystem, our products, and our business and how they all uniquely interact to help people
What Youll Bring to OneStudyTeam:
- 4+ years of experience successfully developing and deploying data pipelines and distributed architectures, ideally in a space similar to ours (startup, healthcare, regulated data)
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL/ELT best practices at scale and demonstrated practical experience or familiarity with a good portion of our stack, including: AWS services (Redshift, MSK, Lambda, ECS, ECR, EC2, Glue, Quicksight, Spectrum, S3, etc.), Postgres, dbt, Kafka, Prefect, Docker, Terraform
- Excellent programming skills in Python and deep comfort with SQL. Clojure experience is also highly appreciated
- Experience or interest in developing and managing enterprise-scale data, distributed data architectures
- Able to independently ship medium-to-large features and start to support or participate in architectural design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail is key, especially when considering correctness, security, and compliance
- Solid software testing, documentation, and debugging practices in the context of distributed systems