Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
Nacelle is seeking a talented and experienced Backend Engineer to join our team. This is a fully remote role, but must be located within the United States of America. In this pivotal role, you will be developing and enhancing the server-side logic of our platform, creating new performance-oriented products, and ensuring our backend systems run smoothly and efficiently. Your work will have a direct impact on the core functions of our platform, making a significant contribution to Nacelles innovative, future-forward technology.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain server-side code and logic.
- Work with big data, optimizing and transforming it to meet business requirements.
- Build and maintain new performance-oriented products.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and launch new features.
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness of our backend services.
The impact you will have:
In your first 90 days:
- Delivers bug fixes with automated tests that further improve the quality of our product.
- Delivers fully tested code that further stabilizes our system.
- Delivers fully tested code as part of a new product feature.
In your first 6 months:
- Participates in performance testing to identify opportunities for improvement on our platform.
- Designs and implements small features for our product.
In your first year:
- Participates in feature designs and implementation of a large product feature.
- May research and present architecture design records for new technologies or strategies.
We would love to hear from you if:
- Strong experience with data flow and transformations.
- Proficiency in Node.js.
- Experience with Kafka, Postgres, Redis, and GraphQL.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and microservices.
- Must have venture-backed startup experience.
- A college degree is required; graduating with honors is a big plus.
- You love embracing some ambiguity and testing new ideas.
- You are naturally curious and take initiative to creatively solve problems.
- You thrive in a culture that values learning, collaboration, ownership, honesty, and integrity.
- You express a point of view but are low ego.
Wed be really excited if youve had:
- Experience working in the ecommerce space.
- You have in production Kafka experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, its based on the individuals level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). Salary estimate for this role is $170,000 $200,000, actual salary will be determined by the candidates experience level, and location.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.