Sporty’s sites are some of the most popular on the internet, consistently staying in Alexa’s list of top websites for the countries they operate in
In this role, youll be responsible for developing mobile-first, responsive front ends that are used millions of times per day. We wrote our frontend from scratch in VueJS about 3 years ago, so youll be working with the latest technology instead of wrangling with decades-old spaghetti code.
A willingness to work in VueJS is fine – as long as you are willing to learn and have demonstrable experience in a similar frontend framework.
Who We Are
Sporty Group is a consumer internet and technology business with an unrivalled sports media, gaming, social and fintech platform which serves millions of daily active users across the globe via technology and operations hubs across more than 10 countries and 3 continents.
The recipe for our success is to discover intelligent and energetic people, who are passionate about our products and serving our users, and attract and retain them with a dynamic and flexible work life which empowers them to create value and rewards them generously based upon their contribution.
We have already built a capable and proven team of 300+ high achievers from a diverse set of backgrounds and we are looking for more talented individuals to drive further growth and contribute to the innovation, creativity and hard work that currently serves our users further via their grit and innovation.
Our Stack (we don’t expect you to have all of these)
Vue + Vuex + Vue Router + Webpack + Less + SCSS
AWS, Circle, Drone CI, K8s
- Develop mobile-first frontends in VueJS
- Focus on performance and user experience
- Create frontends for the backend management systems
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
- Participate in team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstrations, and team retrospectives
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- Minimum of 2+ Years within a relevant role
- Familiarity with at least one: Vue, React, Angular
- Familiarity with Git, ES6, Webpack, Less or Sass, and NodeJS
- Familiarity with state management like Vuex, Redux, Ngrx
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of backend stack is a plus
Quarterly and flash bonuses
Flexible working hours
28 days paid annual leave
2 x annual company retreats (Lisbon + Dubai in 2022 / Phuket in Q2 2023 + 1 more TBC!)
Highly talented, dependable co-workers in a global, multicultural organisation
Payment via world class online wallet system DEEL
Top of the line equipment supplied by market leader Hofy
We score 100% on The Joel Test
Our teams are small enough for you to be impactful
Our business is globally established and successful, offering stability and security to our Team Members
Remote video screening with our Talent Acquisition Team + live ID check
Remote 90 min video interview loop with 3 x Team Members (30 mins each)
Pre offer call with Talent Acquisition Team
ID check via Zinc
24-72 hour feedback loops throughout process