The Promotions Producer will be responsible for creating 15 and 30 second promotional commercials for use on the AccuWeather Network and social channels. The Promotions Producer will script and edit 2-3 promotions a week which will be aired on our cable and OTT channel, on social, and on our OTT platform partners and cable partners where appropriate. The Promotions Producer will work closely with PR and Marketing as well as content to identify a calendar for spot creating, derive talking points and identify the best video.
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Conceptualize, write, produce, and edit daily compelling and topical Weather news promotional content to drive on-air viewership and promote AccuWeathers products and services.
- Contribute promotional written and video content to our Cable and OTT Channels and social platforms, including, Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Tik Tok as well as in-show promotional content such as explainers and talent bios.
- Successfully perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously under tight deadlines with exceptional news judgment.
- Would create high quality visually compelling and editorially interesting promotion of AccuWeathers superior forecasting and proprietary products. These short form video assets will be more effective at reenforcing our value to our audience then straight anchor reads.
- Should help length tune by offering audiences reasons to stay tuned in.
- Will provide high quality social content and help humanize our on-air talent
- Highlight AccuWeathers excellence in storm coverage storytelling
- Drive awareness/engagement for our tent pole franchises Prime show and morning show and content series
- Minimum two years of experience in television news promo writing and production, or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in production equipment and computers (Specifically Apple products, Adobe Creative Cloud products. Premiere, After effects, photoshop.)
- Knowledge of production and editing techniques and best practices. Including digital formats and file transfers.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage process and meet deadlines.
- Promotion writing ability required
- Video Editing, for digital and linear platforms
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Project management skills to execute projects within guidelines and established deadlines
- Creativity in production of engaging promotional materials from ideation to final delivery
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- AccuWeather will consider remote candidates in the following US States: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY
Flexibility to work any assigned shift