Who we are
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We launched Pearl Health because we believe primary care providers, armed with the proper tools and resources, can have an outsized impact in achieving high-quality, affordable healthcare. We foresee a shift to an increasingly value-based future where physicians and provider groups will participate in the value they create for the healthcare system and will increasingly require proper tooling, information systems, capital support, and technology to succeed in these models.
We are a team of physicians (Groups), practice-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar), technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States future health. Today, we support over 100 providers in value-based Medicare models and are on track to substantially increase the Medicare population we will be responsible for managing with our physician partners for 2023 (+$300M of Medicare benchmark risk). Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
What we hope you can do
We are specifically searching for a Product leader to own the heart of our Product, the signal-action platform, which translates data into actionable insights to drive performance in Value Based Care models. You will use your experience to design a system that enables performance in an intuitive and patient-centric way, ensuring that patients most critically in need of attention never fall through the cracks.
Healthcare experience is helpful, but not required if you can understand a complex problem and love to get into the grit of the data that could drive or predict it, we would love to meet you. You are equally adept at thinking strategically and executing beautifully. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside Data Science, Engineering and User Experience in product execution, as well as ready to build out and manage your own team as Pearls footprint grows. You know how to synthesize inputs from multiple internal and external sources into a coherent, cohesive product story. You approach your work with an attitude of continuous learning, and validate your assumptions with data and feedback. Most importantly, you are passionate about driving change.
What a Product Manager means to us
- Strategic Roadmap: own the vision, roadmap, and product execution for your area of responsibility
- Outcomes-Driven Prioritization: align priorities against the company goals and customer needs, make strategic bets, creatively test hypotheses, and rigorously evaluate outcomes
- Continuous Discovery: instrument a system to continuously get qualitative and quantitative feedback from users
- Market Intelligence: stay abreast of market trends and opportunities, and synthesize this learning into the product roadmap
- Team-Oriented: collaborate with User Experience and Engineering in the prioritization, preparation, and execution of comprehensive product modules and features
- Stakeholder Communication: work effectively with internal stakeholders to understand their product needs, supporting the communication of our existing and future product capabilities
- Scope: initial scope will be 1-2 scrum teams, with room for growth as we build our team (people management experience a plus)
Who you are
- 4-6 years of software product management experience, with a strong track record of achieving business outcomes around engaging consumers through product delivery
- End-to-end experience in the product lifecycle, from problem definition through to general release and scalability
- Experience working in an early stage startup, with the willingness and ability to own a product domain from the earliest stages (research, discovery, and validation) through to execution and scalability
- Ability to grow initial product domain into a product zone, hiring and managing a team as Pearl grows and expands
- Expert in product execution processes, cadence, and tools
- Comfortable presenting and articulating ideas to the team, leadership, and stakeholders
- Willingness to travel for internal company meetings and customer site visits as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving peoples lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of ones identity. We believe all of our colleagues points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyones responsibility and a driver of beautiful and meaningful outcomes.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, were all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected base pay range for this position is between $120,000 and $140,000 per year. Base pay is one component of Pearls total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/