We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As a Procurement Manager at 1Password, you will be responsible for building, developing, implementing and managing procurement policies and processes and ensuring that we maximize the value we receive from all purchases, the majority falling into software and services. You will be utilizing your relationship management skills to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers. You are comfortable working with leaders across the business to understand their technology needs. Within the larger FinOps team, you will partner closely with our Legal team to support them in taking our vendor agreements across the finish line.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What were looking for:
- Experience working within the technology industry, in a high growth, fast paced company, is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience negotiating price and agreements with vendors, in a procurement leadership capacity
- Experience using sourcing strategy and best practices to bring forward vendors who provide us with the ideal SaaS and technology solutions
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills to drive consensus and the best outcomes for 1Password
- Passionate about building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
- A love for building. This is the first procurement function 1Password has ever had and so we need a leader that can build and execute simultaneously
- A knack for excel and reporting and finds delight in finding efficiencies
- Engaging, team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires you to build while also executing
What you can expect:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including legal, security, FP&A and internal business partners to identify, understand and fulfill their procurement requirements
- Collaborate with all the leaders of the departments on procurement planning, and providing comprehensive support on current and future initiatives requiring procurement support
- Manage and maintain, with the Accounts Payable team, the contracts in our procurement system (i.e., Zip) ensuring that all procurement documents from inception to completion are filed appropriately
- Define a clear procurement process which will be fair and equitable to all vendors that are being considered. As a high growth organization, establish a process which will be scalable and will allow us to purchase at a high velocity
- Understand what compliance, security, and privacy protocols our tools need to follow so that they meet our internal requirements and policies
- Have a clear understanding of our Authorization Matrix and ensure that we secure the right authorizations
- Once the business unit has identified which vendor will be suitable for their needs, work with the leadership team to procure the goods and services
- Initiate and complete purchase orders for company wide procurement, reconcile final vendor invoices with POs
- Negotiate all terms and conditions on agreement with the support of our Legal team
- Identify risks associated with key vendors and manage and monitor vendor performance against negotiated SLA and MSA terms
- Develop financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations with performance dashboards and ROI analyses
- Identify cost savings through strategic sourcing, consolidation of redundancies and internal measures
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $110,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Passwords benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individuals compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. Were always looking for new ways to support our team members, but heres a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and well work to meet your needs.