As a key member of our People team, & the first leader of People Operations youll drive process and policy optimization by overseeing all key People/HR processes and policies. You will partner closely with our HR Business Partners, Talent Partners, & stakeholders across the People Team, to create scalable and sustainable systems that result in great experiences for ActiveCampaign employees.
This is an opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment and be part of the People team that is led by curiosity and likes to get stuff done. This newly created position reports directly to the Chief People Officer and requires analytical strength, attention to detail, and the ability to work autonomously in an ambiguous environment. If youre passionate about process excellence, enabling people development through technology and communications, and building and growing a high-performing team, then we need you!
What your day could consist of:
- Identify and lead the simplification and improvement of HR processes and policies and improve HR Ops processes to be more automated and minimize administrative overhead. You will work closely within the People Team functions and in particular Talent Acquisition and HRIS, to continuously monitor and improve processes and operations
- Function as a project manager for large-scale cross-functional process improvement projects
- Provide project management support across a variety of People Team initiatives to ensure projects are completed on time with a high level of operational excellence.
- Manage, design, and implement people processes and policies; identify gaps and inefficiencies, and provide standardization and improvement recommendations to effectively scale with the company
- Maintain an up-to-date employee handbook, ensure proper documentation and tracking of handbook distribution
- Maintain knowledge of current, local employment laws, and best practices and ensure ActiveCampaign policies are legally compliant.
- Own employee handbook and US employment policies. Ensures ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimizing risk and exposure to the company; oversees all individual filings (e.g., EEO-1) are completed
- Proactively collaborate with various members of the People Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, and IT on various ad-hoc projects in the People Operations space.
- Contributes to ongoing vendor reviews to drive best practices, requirements, and vendor renewals or requests for proposals related to HR case management, background check, employment verification, and other ancillary HR system vendors
- Manage the unemployment claims process, vendor relationship, and case management escalation; define and train the process for HR Business Partners and set expectations for case responses and hearing requirements
- Partner with Benefits and Payroll to effectively support the disability leave process and ensure alignment across
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals
- Drive updates and measurement of Annual People Team Plan goals
- Support key data insights to identify and understand key people-related metrics
What is needed:
- 5+ years experience working in HR Operations, Programs, and/or Analytics ideal experience working for a high-growth company.
- Consistent track record for identifying and launching process improvements
- You are someone who thinks big picture, but also sweats the details
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, and communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Customer experience mindset/obsession with improving processes to strengthen the experience for our candidates and teammates
- Ability to work independently and in a team as well as to influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and programs with a strong ability to partner with and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with Lever; familiarity with an HRIS (ideally Workday)
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing high-performing teams experience managing a remote team is a plus
- Global mindset and inspiring leadership.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 180,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 800+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.