Were looking for a hungry, talented engineer who wants to make a big impact at an exciting inflection point in our growth.
Youll be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to run their businesses through docs, as well as determining the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
- Write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews, and retros
- Work closely with our team to make architecture and design decisions
- Ensure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Create standards around development, code review and deployment
Our tech stack:
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: ~30 Engineers
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- You are confident working across the stack, whether its expanding our API or enhancing the frontend
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-thought out code
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- Youre comfortable writing test suites in a test-driven environment
- You can craft a devastating SQL query to save the day when all else fails
- You are a strong communicator and able to clearly articulate technical problems
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Obsession with high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Passion to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
At Almanac, were looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. Wed love for you apply even if your experience doesnt precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand outespecially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who arent afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe were still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no egowhen our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major winsand personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac:
Its our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- Two technical exercises (Q&A + Product Scoping) appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with a member of our management team