Angi is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at home. For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join uswe cannot wait to welcome you home!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for an experienced Freelance Content Editor to join our growing team. Were building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance, independent contractor position. We are looking for availability between 20-35 hours per week, which can take place at your own schedule.
In this role, you will ensure quality and consistency across large volumes of content from our network of freelance writers. In addition to proofreading and editing, the Freelance Content Editor will provide feedback to external writers and internal Content Researchers to improve process and output.
What youll do:
- Edit between 15-30 pieces of content per week, ranging in word count but averaging around 1,000 words per article, with a mix of new and updated articles.
- Editing content to uphold Angis brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Follow content brief and template guidelines to ensure consistency across articles and that all relevant points are made.
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Performing relevant SEO checks as it relates to content including on page optimization (H1, title tag, meta description, etc), keyword usage, and internal linking.
- Review, provide feedback, and approve stock photography submissions from our Photo Editor team based on brand guidelines.
- Package final article for smooth upload and publishing for our Production team.
Skills and experience needed for success:
- 1+ years experience editing content for English publications and/or websites, checking for grammar, syntax, brand voice and tone, and more.
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web with experience writing or editing SEO driven content.
- Experience writing or editing home improvement, home decor or real estate content preferred.
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
The hourly rate for this position ranges $30 $40 per hour commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.