Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this position you will enable our Co-Founders and COO to be more efficient by keeping them organized, prepared and on time. As a key partner to these executives, youll represent the Blockworks brand internally and externally. This position is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, and nimble (sometimes chaotic!) environment. As the Executive Assistant you will focus on keeping the machine humming, from managing the fully packed schedules of our executives to partnering with the wider leadership team and supporting general back-office operations.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate, proactive and can juggle a lot of different projects and deadlines at once. The right candidate could use this role as a jumping off point for other roles within the company over time.
This role is required to be based out of New York City. This role will manage our home base office in NYC, as well as support our executives needs around the city.
AS AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT YOU WILL:
- Manage the executives time efficiently by owning and protecting dynamic calendars
- Anticipate the needs of the executives you support, including how to manage their schedules most effectively, where they need to prioritize their time etc.
- Manage all aspects of executives calendars including: meetings, appointments, travel, transportation, etc.
- Assist and/or own content creation for the Co-Founders and COO, including drafting emails, agendas, and presentations
- Track action items and follow-ups from meetings
- Handle business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts and creating/ submitting expense reports
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside partners, including other high-level executives and business leaders, board members, vendors, etc.
- Support the internal operating cadence of the company in partnership with the leadership team
- Assist with administrative tasks such as contracts, NDAs, Docusigns, and paperwork
- Manage NYC office including acting as owner and point of contact for maintenance, cleaning, mail, supplies, and equipment
- Manage device provisioning, as well as workspace and communication tools such as Google Suite, distribution lists, Slack, Zoom etc.
- Assist with event planning for All hands meetings, on-sites, off-sites and other all company events
- Coordinate and manage ad-hoc projects to fill in gaps on team
YOU WILL HAVE :
- 4+ years of administrative support experience, C-Suite experience a plus
- Previous experience in a fast growing start-up required
- Incredibly organized and resourceful; able to juggle and multi-task, with an extreme attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and use best judgment for sharing information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity.
- Must be forward thinking and constantly one step ahead
- Advanced skills working with systems like Google Suite, Slack, Zoom etc.
- Strong presentation and deck-making chops are a plus!
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org