Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
Were expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive is looking for an Environment Artist to join our growing team. As an Environment Artist, youll help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing, lighting and optimization.
What Youll Do
- Create props, architecture, terrain, based on concept art
- Collaborate with the team to design gameplay spaces
- Help layout levels from whitebox through final lighting
- Generate environment textures and materials using UE5s material editor
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines
- Work with outsource studios to integrate environment art
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms
- Minimize any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
What Youll Bring:
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Game development experience
- Shipped at least one PC or Console game
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- Experience creating environments using modular systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience optimizing environment art for a 30+ frame rate
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One