Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calms transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
We are a team of insights specialists that focus on finding insights relevant to driving business outcomes across the Calm organization. For us, the business problem comes first (what are we trying to solve?) and the analysis follows (how do we best solve this problem?). Sometimes the solution is straight forward and sometimes it is highly complex, but in all cases we rely on data to drive our solutions.
As a Data Scientist you will be focused on leveraging our data to help prioritize product development, identify optimization opportunities, and automate data flows and analyses for key decision makers. In this role, your initial analytics efforts will be focused on guiding the product roadmap, to foster strong subscriber and user growth.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to design and measure A/B tests that help us understand the impact of new feature releases
- Partner with product teams to perform deep-dive analysis to understand user engagement behavior
- Collaborate with partners across technical and non-technical teams to bridge the gap between data and action
- Help key-decision makers stay informed about the state of the business through internal data products built in tools like Amplitude, Tableau and Mode
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Calm to drive our teams success
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of analytics / data science experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Comfortable manipulating data with Python or R
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments
- BA/BS in quantitative field
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into technical solutions, and translate technical solutions to business outcomes
- Strong relationship management and presentation skills
- Pragmatic: balance scrappiness and rigor
The anticipated salary range for this position is $159,300 $223,000. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calms salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calms Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.